Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Getting Out There

        So stormy since September....California, north and south, is brilliantly green. Our Governor Brown wants it to stay that way...he offered token resistance to Trumpty Dumpty in the "state of the state" message today saying, "California is going forward, not backward." I'm not sure we can fight the undertow.
        I spend way too much energy and emotion fretting about the direction our state, nation and environment are headed. There's not much that I can do about it, that I am not already doing. Repairing and launching bicycles back into my neighborhood still feels important and may become increasingly important when gas prices return to four or five bucks a gallon...and they will...we are still talking "finite resource" here. As John Muir once exclaimed, "The money-changers have broken into the temple we call Planet Earth." ...and it ain't pretty.
        As I've said before, I feel like an alien in this resource-depleting culture...and yes, I know that I am part of the "problem". Our aim, as a society, has lost sight of the target....Peace on Earth, Goodwill to All Living Things.
        These green hills and the coming phenomenal wildflower displays and the full-to-the-brim mountain lakes are inviting me to immerse my heart and soul (and bod) for most of 2017. This will be an exceptional year of refreshment, recreation and beauty....so, don't forget to "Get out there" and breath it in... suck it in with your pores and let it cleanse you of negative energy and emotions.
        This is advice I give myself and anyone else who might be listening. Life is too short to waste the rest of it cowering inside and "grumping" about the issues you can do nothing about. When I go to the polls I usually vote for Peace and Freedom (four out of the last five Presidential elections). Every morning that I awake I celebrate the new sun and I pray for Peace and Freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment