Saturday, September 12, 2020

Life Sucks Right Now

I'm usually the Pollyanna type. I've always been able to see the bright side. Not this time. From six different angles I am not loving life. I don't think I can write my way out of this funk. Our AQI (Air Quality Index)is extreme...presently 480. Our rural county is on fire and we are losing residents.The Covid-19 epidemic is not going away (like magic)...we could use a little magic. We have unspeakable health problems and consequences that we are hoping to correct over the next year...and now, I have an incredible sore throat. The bicycle store is running out of product...bicycles as we know them. Tubes, tires, wheels are kaput in the most common sizes.Really no reason to be open more than three days a week. People still walk in the door saying, "Do you really want me to wear a mask? "Are these people fucking dense? Don't answer that. The stark fact that 40% of Americans are voicing their preference for a second term for the "King of the Idiocracy". What happened to admiration for honesty and integrity? Is America that dense? Reality TV stars and phoney millionaires deserve what? Not the trust and confidence of the American people. Excuse me for being so negative...but, that's where we are at right now Negative-ville. 2020 and I have such a murky vision of where we are at.

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately, ignorance has always achieved a place of relevance and even value in this country. Sometimes it is more popular than the truth. In this case, obviously louder than the truth. We can hope that the truth bares itself in November. Our personal issue is that we have seen progress on issues in our lifetimes and now when we need rapid action more than ever the system has stalled and may fail altogether. There is a reason we’re here and maybe we will see the cockroaches scurry back to the dark shortly. Hold out hope for a few more weeks.

    ReplyDelete