Friday, July 24, 2026

Space Junk

Over two million pounds of manmade garbage is currently in orbit around planet Earth. Eventually and inevitably all of this debris will land on planet Earth. For the most part none of this junk is kept track of...cannot be kept track of...and every year we add thousands of additional large units to this spiraling train of waste. As if we didn't have enough to worry about when we are looking up, we are vulnerable during every moment of our short lives. As if Cancer, car mishaps, falling down stairs or being targeted by violence or negligence, is not enough to be concerned with, I find it amazing that we can survive the assaults dropping out of orbit each and every day. Every time I hear of devastating misfortune affecting my friends and neighbors here on planet Earth, I say, "Space Junk." We just couldn't see it coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment