Monday, August 17, 2026

Still Cranking To The Higher Elevations

It's Monday...third Monday of August. Lisa says, "let's go ride to the NP summit." We start at the visitor's center, 6.700ft. and pedal up the switchbacks to the summit at 8,511ft. Which bikes? I'm thinking skinny-tire road bikes...just because that's always what we have ridden in the National Park and...offroad riding is not allowed in the NPs. She invited Cindy R. on the early morning climb and Cindy has converted over to E-bikes on every ride. Well, I was thinking roadbikes, I tell her. She says, "Great!" So, here we are at 8:30am pulling our bikes off the back of our Honda...eighteen pound bicycles with no electronic shifting, no batteries, rim brakes, front derailleurs, skinny tires, clip-in pedals...so last century! Muscle memory, route memory and effort memory all clicking-in at the same time. Traffic was minimal, it's Monday and the road surface was the best it's been in years...We Love this ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment