Thursday, September 20, 2018

Goodbye Summer...Dang, Where Did It Go?

        Old people are always saying things like that...."Where did the decade go?" I'm not old so, I must be saying it for another reason. Summer, oh, the plans I had for Summer. For various reasons the season didn't go exactly as planned but, the big reason (not the new puppy) has to be the fact that I am still working six days a week during the busy season. Campouts and overnight hikes are not easy when (you have a very young puppy) your due at work nearly every morning of Summer.
        I am really looking forward to some extra days off...and feeling my body recover from wrenching on and walking bicycles to their designated sale positions and returning them to their overnight stable. I've been going through the same routine for nearly twenty-five years...inventory out, inventory in. I love marketing and merchandising and interior design but, I'm starting to feel like I'm over the initial thrill of owning my own business. Hey, it's good...it's great to be your own boss...but, it's getting nearer the time to do something else.
       I'm not using the R word (retirement) here because I seriously enjoy putting people on bicycles and watching their reactions when they see how pleasurable and easy cycling is...and how sensible the whole thing is. I'm all in for a couple more years (maybe seventy is the best retirement age) that is, unless someone wants to lay $900,000 of their recent inheritance on me for the entire package.

1 comment:

  1. It does seem that the older one gets the faster time goes.

    ReplyDelete