Friday, May 21, 2021

My Understanding Of Good And Bad, Right And Just....Gone Askew!

Reality is subjective. I am discovering that the framework within which I operate, my perception of right and true is definitely askew. Honesty and integrity have always been at the top of my ideals. I somehow thought that might be true for the majority of my fellow Americans. Ha! As a cyclist, I understand that I am vulnerable...just because there is a traffic control (a stop sign) designed to keep me safe, to keep us all safe, that doesn't mean that vehicles much larger, therefore more impactful, are going to strive for order and the safety of others on the roadway. Happens all of the time...I'm safer when I accept a certain level of paranoia... believing that the motoring public is out to get me. Honesty and Integrity must be somewhere near the top of everyone's list of strivings. For instance, a proven and obvious con-man wants to run for the top office in the land. Well, you would think he would be laughed out of contention...and never stand a chance. Even though he ran twice for the top job and lost the popular vote by millions of votes each time, he has a group of 50+ million Americans who still think he deserves to be President. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment